Bang-Bang Modulated FACTS Stabilizing Controllers Based on Online Identification of Critical Modes
Volume: 4 Issue: 8
Year of Publication: 2017
Authors: Karam Chand Dhiman, Neha Sharma
This paper of bang-bang modulation of FACTS signals, developed a damping control scheme for Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System (FACTS) devices. The low frequency oscillations have mainly observed in power system because of the presence of high gain of exciters, operating the system under stressed conditions and the contingencies. The proposed control strategy of stabilizing controller has been tested with SVC and PSS in MATLAB/SIMULINK. The Sim-Power toolbox is used for detailed modeling of 400 KV, 700KM line, taken as an example. With the Power System Stabilizer and FACTS controllers, better damping is achieved. The Paper studies the comparative performance of SVC (Static Var Compensator) and Power system stabilizer (PSS) for the improvement of transient stability and damping control for Long Transmission Line System. Shunt FACTS devices play an important role in improving the transient stability, increasing transmission capacity and damping low frequency oscillations. For the implementation of this proposed work the Simulink Part under Matlab software is used.
- Pardeep Singh Virk, Vijay Kumar Garg," Power System Stability Improvement of Long Transmission Line System by Using Static Var Compensator (SVC)"
- Dr.Tarlochan Kaur and Sandeep Kakran, " Transient Stability Improvement of a Transmission Line System by Using SVC"
- Prechanon Kumkratug, "The Mathematical Model of Power System with Static Var Compensator in Long Transmission Line"
- Habibur Rahman, Dr. Md. Fayzur Rahman, Harun-Or-rashid,"Stability Improvement of Power System By Using SVC With PID Controller"
- Satvinder Singh, Atma Ram, Nitin Goel, Pawan Kumar,"Transient Stability Enhancement of Multi-Machine System Using FACTS Controllers"
- S.V Ravi Kumar, S. Siva Nagaraju, "TRANSIENT STABILITY IMPROVEMENT USING UPFC AND SVC"
- Karuppiah N, MalathiV, Selvalakshmi G,"Transient Stability Enhancement Using Fuzzy Controlled SVC and STATCOM"
- A.Abu-Siada,Chatura Karunar, "Improvement of Transmission Line Power Transfer Capability, Case Study"
- Rahul Kumar and Shashi Minz,2013, "TRANSIENT STABILITY OF A TWO MACHINE TRANSMISSION SYSTEM WITH STATIC VAR COMPENSATOR (SVC) AND POWER SYSTEM STABILIZER (PSS) USING MATLAB SIMULINK"
- Kumar Rahul and Minz Shashi, "TRANSIENT STABILITY OF A TWO MACHINE TRANSMISSION SYSTEM WITH STATIC VAR COMPENSATOR (SVC)"